Monday 6 December 2010

A beginning

At the time of writing this I've been collecting cards for a little over a month (still very much a newbie). I've been a huge American sports fan for many years, but because of the very limited presence of American sports in the UK I wasn't aware of the world trading cards and collecting. The sports culture over here is extremely different, with die hard fans more likely to spend their money on pints at the game instead of collectables, so while this new hobby is very exciting to me it is also very alien and confusing.

My introduction to cards was more by chance than anything else, when an American friend of mine sent me a couple of packs of Topps football 2010, after that I've been hooked, scouring eBay for the cheapest way to get cards over to this country and learning everything I can. So far I've opened about 10 packs, all of them football retail packs from the past 4 years. Mostly pulling base and a couple of inserts, nothing spectacular as of yet.

This blog is going to be a documentation of an Englishman's take on this addictive hobby and my attempts to get friends and family to see the allure of collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment